This 1967-1972 Chevrolet/GMC C10 taillight fuel filler relocation kit provides a clean, hidden alternative to putting the gas cap on the bed floor. It requires the use of the replacement LED taillights. It can be used with or without the factory taillight bezels.
Please refer to photos for what is all included in the taillight fuel filler kit. It will come with the sides tacked in place as well as the push magnets shown. Fuel filler is 1.5″ diameter.
- Taillight fuel filler kit will require welding down both sides prior to install. Also, it will requires holes to be drilled for the magnet placement, taillight mounting points and fuel cap.
- Once kit is complete, cut inner tabs in taillight pocket.
- Measure 1.5″ from the bottom of the half circle inside reverse light pocket. This will be the top of the cut.
- From there cut straight down on left and right side all the way down. Also, remove part of the seal. Two tack welds are needed at the top and bottom of the rear seal where it meets up with the bedside. This keeps the bedside from flexing.
- Next, cut from the top of you cut line 2.5″ deep and straight down.
- Look from the bottom/backside. There should be a large space big enough for the the whole kit (without the taillight) to install up from the bottom of the bedside to its location. There should be enough room for the fuel hose. Moreover, If kit will not fit, slight additional trimming may be required.
- All four corners of the taillight pocket will have to be trimmed and dollied to allow clearance for the taillight to pivot open.
- The kit should be set in 7/8″ deep or the thickness of the taillight being used.
- Mark its location and tack each corner in to test once the kit and taillight have plenty of room to function.
- Once everything is good. Weld the entire perimeter.